When something bad has happened and we’re feeling stressed, worried and regretful about the problems we’ve created, there is nothing more healing than being with people who’ve made the same (or worse) mistakes.
Since we’re all human, and by definition, imperfect, we can relate to each other’s blunders and empathize with, learn from, and teach one another. Age, race, economic status, religion, etc. no longer define us and our similarities rather than our differences bubble to the surface.
This is why group therapy is so powerful. This is why it works.
At Columbia Treatment Center we offer a choice of 15 weekly groups (day, night or weekend), designed to meet every individual’s needs and schedule. Along with traditional adult treatment groups, we offer these specialties:
- Adolescent and Young Adult Groups
- Men’s and Women’s Groups
Groups are classified as either Education or Treatment and differ in these ways:
Alcohol and Drug Education Groups consist of:
- Six weeks of two-hour sessions
- Lectures and discussions around pre-determined alcohol and drug topics
- Satisfy the legal requirements of many first-time alcohol or drug arrests
Treatment Groups consist of:
- 26 weeks (typically, though in some cases more or less) of 60-minute sessions
- Interactive discussions (often generated by group members) and self-reflective exercises
- Satisfy the requirements of legal charges where 12 hours isn’t sufficient
Note: Insurance doesn’t typically cover education classes, but may cover treatment groups. We are out of network, but some policies will reimburse in part.
GROUP SCHEDULE / SIGN-IN PROCEDURE